Sunday, March 10, 2013

RILEY (NOW BENTLEY) IS A HERO!





  Emailed by Bentley's Mom Kathleen -- Bentley was slated for euthanasia by many because he was a "bad dog" and had a heart condition.  Heart condition is nonexistent and with some patience and understanding, he was adopted into the perfect forever home with mom Kathleen.)


I rescued Bentley and Bentley rescued me today.  I rented a bush hog to do the high grass and bushes along the fence and when I put it in reverse, I pinned myself against the fence !!!

I started crying and Bentley rushed over to me, gently pushed my leg and then then started jumping and growling and barking at the bush hog, madly jumping around it like he was crazed, then all of a sudden he put his head against the front wheel and pushed it forward.  I fell to the ground and laid on the grass and he laid next to me and licked my face for 15 minutes !!!  He would not leave my side, he was practically touching my leg as I walked back to the house and I laid on his bed with him for an hour.

When I went back out to finish he walked right next to me the entire time and every time I came near the fence he started jumping around and barking at the bush hog. He is the smartest dog I ever had, I love him so very much, I think I will sleep in his bed next to him for awhile tonight.

I will never be able to thank you for letting me have him, my Beasty Boy when he needs to be and my cute loving Bentley Boy most of the time -  I love him so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment